The Tub Guy
Reglazing for Bathtubs, Showers & Tile
License No. C-10953
A single bathtub takes about 3 hours to do, then 24 hours to cure before use.
Here’s the steps taken to refinish a bathtub:
1) Scrape down tub for loose impediments.
1a) If the tub has been refinished before and the previous finish has failed it will need to be fully stripped off and there is an
2) Clean out loose caulk around tub.
3) Sand down entire tub to get rid of any soap scum.
4) Acid wash the tub to etch the surface to ensure a good bond.
5) Repair any chips or cracks.
6) Wipe tub down with acetone.
7) Mask off for spraying:
1) Spray with 2 coats of primer.
2) Spray with final surface, 2 to 3 coats. This coating is a 2 part epoxy, urethane based material.
3) Re-caulk as needed.
5 years residential and 1 year commercial – materials and labor provided there is proper care of refinished surfaces (ie – no abrasives used for cleaning and there is a 12 hour cure period once the finish is applied).